Free

How many hours yet days have you wasted comparing yourself to others? I can ask you this because...honestly...I have done this. This used to be one of my biggest joy thief's, as I like to call them. Our minds are so filled with comparison that it steals us of our joy. Why? I can't speak for others but I can share with you mine. Maybe you have felt this way.


(photo credit onedayIsaw)

Unworthy. Unloved. Worry. Fear. Shy....my list goes on.

This was detrimental to my self-worth but I was paralyzed trying to be someone else only to keep losing myself. Maybe I should dress differently. Change my hair. What if I could speak up like her.  What if I could be more outgoing as her. If only I could be as happy as her. As happy as she looked. or appeared to be. I wish I could have it all together with my kids like she does.

I didn't realize I had this problem with comparison {not judgement} for a long time. I love people. My love for others though was a hard thing to deal with internally. In quiet times alone. Just myself and my thoughts. When I realized this was a problem I knew I had to change myself in order to be pleasing to God. God wanted me to shine through my heart. Not my image or status. I had to be different then the world around me. I had to change myself for God's glory.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 37:4

So what are the desires of my heart? To love and be loved. By God. To have a Kingdom heart. For God. Attracts People with my Faith to God. Strength and Courage. For God for Others.

This was a struggle to unveil my hearts desires. I had to choose each day with God's strength and grace to not compare myself to others. If I continued to do this I would not be honoring God. I desired a kingdom heart to glorify him and be more like Jesus. I needed to be confident in who God made me to be to share my Kingdom heart.

Be confident. Be courageous. Fall in love with God who desires you. God says you are lovely. I am lovely. I am worth it to God. I am his beloved daughter and so are you.


(photo credit tumblr)

I am free of comparison because God enables me to.

If you are comparing yourself to others and you feel your self-worth sink a little more. Remember God loves you and it is no mistake the Masterpiece that you truly are in God's eyes. He created you for his Glory. Do not let comparison steal your joy today. If so, how will you be able to shine in this dark world?


(photo credit tumblr)

Much Love,
 

Comments

Popular Posts