Cupcakes + Marshmallows = LOVE

                                       Let me repeat Cupcakes + Marshmallows = LOVE

            I am smitten with cupcakes, marshmallows, and of course my Loves. It may be border line an obsession along with cakes, sharpies, scarfs....oh yeah back to cupcakes... Who doesn't? At least I tell  myself everyone else does too. With Valentine's approaching LOVE is in the air. And when I think of Love I think of cupcakes and my kids love marshmallows.  And yes my love for cupcakes follows my sweet sweet family.

                        Let's talk cupcakes. Yummy! Delicious! Sweet! and Fun! I personally love to make homemade cupcakes and experiment with colors, flavors, and don't forget the sprinkles. After several months of searching for a new cupcake frosting butter cream to be exact, I finally found the one I love. It is so versatile and not to mention scrumptious.

            I made cupcakes for my daughter's preschool but only had to take a dozen with out frosting. Oh yeah! Cupcakes for us to make this forsting and make pretty! And the best of all to EAT! Who's with me.  I decided to make this yummy butter cream but I added lemon extract instead of vanilla. I also colored the frosting a pale yellow and we used pink sprinkles, red sugar, and rainbow candy sprinkles to fancy up.

                                             My favorite today soft and chewy pink sprinkles

On to the red sugar crystals


and rainbow sprinkles my kiddos favorite



Here is the awesome butter cream frosting recipe.

Yield: Frosting for 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature (real butter unsalted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons whipping cream

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
3. Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes, or spread onto cupcakes as desired.
 

                             ***************************************************
Now our second love marshmallow pops! We usually put these on sticks but we decided on a cute bag for Valentine's parties. This is super easy and inexpensive. The creativity is endless and the kids can do this too!
We used large marshmallows, pink candy melts, and you know what else.....Sprinkles! Cute and fun little heart sprinkles.


                                                              Aren't these adorable!

                    I could eat the whole tray! But I shared for goodness sake their for the little ones.



Here is our Valentine's goodies after the kiddos made their bag toppers.


           Now bake some cupcakes, whip up some frosting, and dip some marshmallows for your loves!
                                                 
                                       Cupcakes Make Everything Better!
                                                                   XOXO ~ Angie

Comments

Popular Posts